In the wake of some stunning reports about the dangers of using e-cigarettes, or “vaping,” and in doing a very good job of leading by example, “First Teen” Barron Trump has been issued a “presidential directive” – “Don’t Vape.”
President Trump said late last week, that he and first lady Melania have warned their teen son about the dangers of vaping.
Trump made the statement on the White House lawn just before departing for Baltimore last Thursday evening, when a reporter asked what they have told Barron [about vaping.]
“We haven’t told him anything except, ‘Don’t vape. Don’t vape.’ We don’t like vaping. I don’t like vaping,” Trump said of Barron, 13.
Trump’s statement comes as his administration announced it would ban the sale of flavored vaping liquid, which companies have been accused of marketing to children.
The move to ban flavored e-cigarettes comes as six people have died nationwide and hundreds of others have fallen ill with mysterious lung diseases from vaping.
Under the FDA ban, companies that want to offer flavored e-cigarette options will have to gain federal approval before they’re allowed to sell the products.
The approval process could take more than a year.